Dungeons and Dragons and Donuts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valeon - Post Session 1

2 posters

Go down

Valeon - Post Session 1 Empty Valeon - Post Session 1

Post by Donnie Ewald Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:40 am

The details below are based purely on the PHB and DMG and are at the liberty of your world and judgement. Depending on how my financial situation flows for the first 30 days, I’ll decide what to do with the next 30.

1. Shopping: (this isn’t pressing and just something that Vale would bring up in conversation occasionally and keep an eye open for)

1a. I’d like to source a Bag of Holding (preferred) or Heward’s Handy Haversack. Vale likes to travel unfettered and be quick and nimble...bristling like Cree doesn’t work for me. The bag (DMG:153) is an uncommon item valued between 101-500gp and the sack (DMG:174) is rare and valued between 501gp-5,000gp (valuations from DMG:135). I don’t even have the minimum gold to purchase these items; but once located, I can return to purchase or find an exchange of something else that the owner may want.

2. Performing / Recurring Expenses:

2a. Lifestyle Expenses: As a bard, I can perform each night and receive free lodging and food of a modest or comfortable standard (PHB:130). Using my Performance proficiency, I earn enough to support a wealthy lifestyle (PHB:187) or 4gp a day (PHB:157).

2b. Apothecary: I assume that my inherited apothecary would follow the shop maintenance costs on DMG:127 for 2gp a day. To run the business (DMG:129) for a month, we need to determine what happens against the chart by rolling a d100+30. I’d like you to roll and tell me the result, so I can calculate the next step.

2c. For this first month and based on the two previous bullets, I’m going to live a Comfortable lifestyle at 2gp a day and save the other 2gp.

2ci. My thought here is that for 30 days of running the business, if the die roll is 1-10, plus the 30-day modifier, I’ll have saved 2gp a day to offset the business maintenance cost. If it’s anything higher than that, I make a profit of some saved amount and what we’ll roll for and then I can figure what to do for the next month.

3. Gathering Information:

3a. With the boon that you granted of finding rumors and my ability to stand out and folks finding it easy to talk to me, I’m looking to generally learn what I can of the moving and shaking of the city. My goal is to know a lot about everything but will settle with knowing a little about everything until then.
Donnie Ewald
Donnie Ewald
Admin

Back to top Go down

Valeon - Post Session 1 Empty Re: Valeon - Post Session 1

Post by bullfrog6 Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:59 pm

popsted to FB because this forum \

Current date/time is Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:56 pm

New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.

bullfrog6
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bullfrog6 Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:35 am

donnie i tried using the forum but it wont let me use links posting here till i get my shit together thanks
1) yes
2) yes but, im using the following formula for weekly income from skilled class based income :1d20+your character level+your ability modifier that applies-5, however that system puts the building as a herbalist shop,
break down
consists of 1 artisan's workshop, greenhouse, storefront, sitting room, bedroom, kitchen, lavatory, storage with a total of 34 squares, laborers, manager 10gp upkeep, and material cost of 7gp and income of 35gp fore a profit of 18gp a week or 72gp a month ....hmmmm
material cost are as following the following material we use hills and mountains if you wish to find the ingredients yourself
https://drive.google.com/…/0B7CIGCMCtoETVmhDNEZMbUVweTg/view
also using my pathfinder system for event table i rolled a 32: SNAKE OIL
you've created an invigoration tonic that makes people feel better, though whether or not it has any actual curative effect is dubious. if you spend 1 point of influence , you can attempt a dc25 deception check to convince the locals to try your cure all. if you succeed, the building gains a +15 bonus on the next check to generate capital(money/goods). you can attempt this check every week after this event but the dc increases 2 with each attempt if you fail the check, the event ends, and you can no longer attempt these checks.
3) pulls out random rumor generator
rumor 1 bugbears are demanding a toll on a well traveled bridge
rumor 2 A child has gone missing
higher news you learn that there is a dwarven caravan coming through town and there is a wedding between a shoemaker and a barber and the party is expect to be large.

bullfrog6
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bullfrog6 Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:46 am

file
Attachments
Valeon - Post Session 1 Attachment
Herbalism & Alchemy Homebrew v1.2.pdf file(3.6 Mb) Downloaded 71 times

bullfrog6
Admin

Back to top Go down